Four Optional Software Packages are available for the EVOLUTION I printer. It may be ordered with the original system or field upgraded via a flash card through the built-in flash card reader. This transforms the basic printer from a very simple system to one that rivals much higher priced hi-res large character printers meant for secondary carton coding. It is also a viable alternative to small character continuous ink jet printers and laser coders.
(download-print comparison chart with all optional software packages versions 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 in pdf format).
- OPTIONAL SOFTWARE PACKAGE 1 (Part # EV1-SW1) includes:
- Message Storage: Store up to 50 messages in the hand held controller.
- Automatic Message Repeat: Allows the message to be continuously repeated at intervals of up to 20 inches.
- Password Protection: Gives a supervisor the ability to password protect the printer to prevent unauthorized tampering with the message or operating parameters.
- OPTIONAL SOFTWARE PACKAGE 1.5 (Part # EV1-SW1.5) includes:
- Extended Message Length: Expands the message length to one line of 48 characters of ½” (12.7mm) characters and up to 96 characters (48 per line) in the 7/32” (5.5mm) character height.
- Expanded Memory: Will store up to 100 messages and operating parameters in the controller.
- OPTIONAL SOFTWARE PACKAGE 2 (Part # EV1-SW2) includes:
- Sequentially Numbering: Sequential number your products with up to 9 digits.
- Variable Date Formats: Date code your products in either a numerical, alphabetical or Julian Date format. Delimiters of (: / .) are selectable.
- Variable Time Formats: Time coding in military style (15:30:29) can be entered into the message for precise production tracking. Delimiters of
(: / .) are selectable.
- ADDED VALUE: Software features found in software packages 1 and 1.5 are included in this package.
- OPTIONAL SOFTWARE PACKAGE 3 (Part # EV1-SW3) includes:
- Shift Coding: Breaks the production day into 6 or less individual shifts with either an alpha or numerical character.
- Date Offset: Allows for automatic rollover of expiration dates up to 999 days from the current date.
- Product Counter: Counts the number of printer products within a programmed time period.
- ADDED VALUE: Software features found in software packages 1, 1.5 and 2 are included in this package.
[click on image to enlarge]
- The ADD-ON PRINTHEAD is used when additional lines of text or product information needs to be printed on the carton or product.
- It includes the printhead module, 7 inch communication cable and a power supply.
- The printhead module simply slides on the the existing printhead using the dovetail slide and slot on the sides of the printhead. A set screw locks the printhead modules into position.
- Up to four printheads modules can be mounted onto a single mounting bracket.
- The 7 inch comunication cable is inserted into the appropriate port on the printhead to allow communication with the controller.
[click on image to enlarge]
- The ADD-ON PRINTEAD WITH BRACKET is used when product information needs to be printed on the opposite side of the carton.
- It can also be used on additional production lines within the manufacturing facility.
- It includes: the printhead module, power supply and a mounting bracket assembly.
- A communication cable of the appropriate length must be ordered separately if connecting the additional printhead modules onto a network of EVOLUTION printers.